In Pursuit Of Liberty
In Pursuit of Liberty offers a timely reminder of who we are — as educators, as citizens and residents, and as the latest generation of Americans tasked with helping this country inch closer to fulfilling and expanding its promise and potential. It weaves an immigration story with aspirations for meaningful educational opportunity and how that shapes a teacher who is also a sister and a daughter. It reveals the humanity and family behind teaching. And it centers liberty in relationship to justice.
To get closer to liberty, we need a public education system that provide every student with an equal opportunity to fulfill his or her unique potential in the world.
In Pursuit of Liberty is a 180 production directed by Manauvaskar Kublall.
- Inspiring testament to Oakland Unified School District’s decision to become a sanctuary district
- Evidence-based strategy for equitable school improvement
- insights into supporting and developing teachers
- Short film about a young Syrian immigrant on the eve of her graduation from an American high school
- Op-ed from the President of Pittsburgh Public Schools
Tweet it: To get closer to liberty, we need a public education system that provide every student with an equal opportunity to fulfill his or her unique potential in the world. #FutureforLearning https://futureforlearning.org/in-pursuit-of-liberty