Sanaa KahloonStudent & Journalism Fellow Alumnus Student Voice
Sanaa Kahloon is a senior in high school from Lexington, Kentucky. She works with organizations like StuVoice and the Prichard Committee Student Voice Team to amplify the voices of unheard students and elevate students as partners in work to improve education policy. Sanaa is a student, amateur photographer, debater, junior researcher, activist, and chocolate fanatic. She enjoys language, journalism, social sciences, and is a complete chemistry nerd.
- New graduation requirements will defeat state board’s own goals, Lexington Herald-Leader, 2018.
- School disciplinary incidents increase as more students use e-cigs, officials seek remedy, Lexington Herald-Leader, 2018.
- Survey: Students accept reality of new school-safety measures, Lexington Herald-Leader, 2018.
- The (Somewhat Addressed) Void in American Muslims, Student Voice.
- From The Classroom to The Abyss: Modern College and Career Readiness, Student Voice.
- After March For Our Lives: The Collateral Damage, Student Voice.
Keywords: School funding, Teacher workforce, School safety, Public education, Education policy, Racial justice, Photojournalism, School discipline
Follow Sanaa on Instagram @sanaa.kahloon, Twitter @KahloonSanaa, Medium, & Facebook.