Ann E. DealyPrincipal Brookside School, Ossining Union Free School District
Ann E. Dealy has served as Principal of Brookside School in the Ossining Union Free School District since 2009, and was Principal and Assistant Principal at Park School in the nine years prior. She was also a Special Education & Literacy Teacher from 1995-2000. Along the way, Ann has provided leadership in creating a supportive and rigorous school culture grounded in collegial inquiry to ensure that every one of her 800 students achieves as a result of a personalized, nurturing environment that offers culturally responsive curriculum and engaging instruction and authentic assessment. Ann has also led as Administrative Representative on District Equity Committee and Building Chair; conducted five-year budget projection under the leadership of Assistant Superintendent; served as administrative representative on Labor-Management Team; and chaired District-wide Committee to Create Standards-Based Report Cards.
- New York State TESOL & Reading Conferences: 2014 -2015
- University Council of Education Administrators, November 2017, 2018
- Nellie Mae Root Causes of Inequities, January 2019
- New York University, Decolonizing Education, May 2017, 2019
- New York University, Culturally Responsive Educators Film Series: A Principal’s Perspective
- After-School Programs for Bilingual Students:(2017) Preservice Teachers’ Perspectives and Students’ Achievement, Reading & Writing Quarterly.
- Repositioning Educational Leadership; (2018) Lytle, J. Johanek, M. Rho, K. Eds.
- Empowering Teacher Leadership in Systemic Justice Efforts, (2019) Penn GSE Urban Education Journal.
Keywords: Community schools, Racial justice, School funding, School culture, Culturally Responsive Education, Public education